The Association of Independent Specialist Medical Accountants was founded in 1995 by a group of specialist accountants looking to promote and exchange best practice in the field of medical finance. Today there are 70 members located across the UK.
The Association aims to:
- promote and develop high quality accountancy standards within the medical sector
- promote the interests of member firms and the medical profession in negotiations with HM Revenue & Customs, the NHS Pensions Agency and other bodies.
- develop expertise and disseminate information amongst member firms
- present a forum for sharing knowledge
- promote to the medical profession the benefits of using a specialist medical accountant.