The Association of Independent Specialist Medical Accountants was founded in 1995 by a group of specialist accountants looking to promote and exchange best practice in the field of medical finance. Today there are over 75 members located across the UK.
The Association aims to:
- promote and develop high quality accountancy standards within the medical sector
- promote the interests of member firms and the medical profession in negotiations with HM Revenue & Customs, the NHS Pensions Agency and other bodies.
- develop expertise and disseminate information amongst member firms
- present a forum for sharing knowledge
- promote to the medical profession the benefits of using a specialist medical accountant.